Sunday, January 3, 2010

RECIPE: Peanut Sauce Stir Fry

Prep: Rice, grilled chicken.
Cook the following in a stir fry pan, wok, or buttered-up skillet:
Chunks of Grilled Chicken
Pineapple Pieces
Diced Tomato
Cilantro
Rice
a sprinkling of Shredded Cheese (I use an Italian blend of white cheeses)
Peanut Sauce (I use House of Tsang's Bangkok Padang)
and a dash of Kung Pao Sauce (I use Dynasty's)
Stir while it's cooking (hence: "stir fry")

Any of these ingredients can be swapped for other things, of course, but this is how I make it. Pasta can be substituted for the rice, although in that case I'd recommend keeping the pasta separate and mixing it after the rest is cooked. If you're a vegetarian, just leave out the chicken. Probably the most important flavor combination is the pineapple, cilantro, and peanut sauce.

First cobbled together in 2007.